Hydrogen-containing water is an efficient method to reduce DNA damage and fatigue caused by physical stress and extreme training
We have proposed that molecular hydrogen (H2) has potential as a “novel” antioxidant in preventive and therapeutic applications
- Diseases and Physiological States for Which Hydrogen Effects are Reported as Classified by Target Organs
Finally, the author summarizes the reports showing the effects of H2 by the classification of target organs
- Hydrogen-rich pure water prevents superoxide formation in brain slices of vitamin C-depleted SMP30/GNL knockout mice.
- Supplementation of hydrogen-rich water improves lipid and glucose metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance.
- Molecular hydrogen alleviates nephrotoxicity induced by an anti-cancer drug cisplatin without compromising anti-tumor activity in mice.
- Hydrogen therapy may be an effective and specific novel treatment for acute radiation syndrome.
- Molecular hydrogen suppresses FcepsilonRI-mediated signal transduction and prevents degranulation of mast cells.
- Inhalation of hydrogen gas reduces infarct size in the rat model of myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury.
- Consumption of hydrogen water prevents atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E knockout mice.
- Pilot study of H₂therapy in Parkinson’s disease: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial.
- Hydrogen in drinking water reduces dopaminergic neuronal loss in the 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine mouse model of Parkinson’s disease.
- Effectiveness of hydrogen rich water on antioxidant status of subjects with potential metabolic syndrome-an open label pilot study.